Rhinoplasty is an operation to improve the appearance of your nose. lt r is often combined with surgery to improve your breathing through the nose.
Due to its position in the centre of the face, the nose greatly influences your appearance and can cause both men and women to lose confidence in how they look. A crooked or out of proportion nose can also “distract” people from seeing your other features. lf the shape and/or size of your nose reduces your confidence and makes you self-conscious, Rhinoplasty may help you feel better about your appearance.
This type of surgery is one of the most life-changing procedures that can be sought, and many patients choose it for both cosmetic and corrective reasons. Dr Gillett can help you get a natural looking nose that suits your face and complements your other facial features.
Common reasons people choose Rhinoplasty surgery
Patients choose nose reshaping surgery for a number of reasons – all of which are individual. It is important to always make sure that you are choosing the procedure because you want it, not because somebody else does.
Some of the common cosmetic reasons patients cite for having a rhinoplasty are:
- Bumps on the bridge or tip of the nose;
- A large size or narrow nose bridge
- An odd shape that other people often point out;
- The nose looks “out of place” compared to your other facial features;
- Nostrils that seem too large/wide or narrow/small;
Health or medical reasons for rhinoplasty are:
- An injured or broken nose
- A nose that looks crooked or bent
- Snoring problems caused by a nose that is always blocked
- Problems breathing through your nose
- A deviated septum or collapsed nasal bridge
- A nose too big or too small in relation to other facial features
- Dissatisfaction with previous nose job surgery
Surgery is often life-changing for Rhinoplasty patients. A nose job can give you the following results:
- A nose that suits your face and complements your other facial features
- A more balanced or symmetrical face shape;
- Less anxiety about your side profile;
- More self-confidence about being photographed from a variety of angles;
- More hours of high-quality sleep if a deviated septum is repaired.
During your consultation
At your initial consultation, Dr Gillett will listen carefully to your concerns and assess your suitability for rhinoplasty. Planning the rhinoplasty involves listening to your concerns and expectations and examining the entire face, including the jaw, teeth and inside of the nose and mouth. Dr Gillett will discuss the surgery process and the recovery period, as these all differ depending on the patient and your personalized procedure.
He will explain the nose reshaping surgery, including the differences between open and closed Rhinoplasty options and your recovery time. Patients are able to discuss the desired shape or profile for their nose during the consultation. When you are happy with the expected result and have discussed all the available options for your Rhinoplasty, organising the procedure will begin. Dr Gillett is highly experienced in creating natural looking and aesthetically attractive results for Rhinoplasty patients. The consultation will be very informative, as communication is key to ensuring that you’ have realistic expectations and we achieve the result you desire. lt can be useful to look at Before & After photos of Dr Gillett’s previous patients to get a general idea of the nose you want.
Two Dimensional (2D) & Three-Dimensional (3D) Visualisation
ln order to show you the positive impact Rhinoplasty surgery will have on your appearance. Dr Gillett will show you the anticipated changes using 3D visualisation. These can help you picture the new size and shape of your nose.